[daip] Instillation Issue

Kevin Dimond kevinjdimond at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 21:14:31 EST 2014

Hello,

I've been trying to install AIPS, the newest version, for the past few days
now. I was trying a binary instillation, I am running Mac OS X Version
10.6.8, and I have not installed AIPS before. It appears to be a directory
problem as the install wizard gives a warning about not being able to
access the directory. I gave super user permission and tried running the
bash login under Managers Frequent Questions, although I did modify this to

AIPS_ROOT=/Users/Interns/Desktop/31DEC14/31DEC14/SYSTEM/UNIX
export AIPS_ROOT=$AIPS_ROOT

instead because I didn't think the directory should go to an individual
file but the folder containing the UNIX. I've tried several things and
can't seem to get AIPS installed properly. Help would be greatly
appreciated.

Kevin Dimond