[daip] AIPS HOST issue after new OS and upgrade to 31DEC2014

R. Craig Walker cwalker at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 11 01:20:33 EST 2014

My laptop OS upgrade, followed by initial installation of AIPS 31DEC14
seemed to go well and AIPS runs ok.  It guesses I'm on a workstation
called lodore.   XAS starts ok.  But, if I try to use the TV, I get
errors.  The simple case is from TVINIT:

SNPLT1: ZSSSL2: lodore: UNKNOWN HOST
SNPLT1: ZSSSLK: ERROR   2 ON LOCK
SNPLT1: ON LOCK ERROR    6 FROM ZSSSLK
SNPLT1: YTVOPN: TV LOCK OPEN ERROR      6
SNPLT1: TV OPEN ERROR      6

I ran install.pl with the host name LODORE according to .AIPSRC.  For my
.AIPSRC.  I'm guessing something didn't translate.  This is a LAPTOP, so
maybe I should be using LOCALHOST, although I don't know when it might be
anything but LODORE.  What is the best way to get everything back on the
same page?

Note that, before I started mucking with things, the HOST environment
variable was set to LODORE and HOSTS.LIST had lines for both LOCALHOST and
LODORE.  I tried getting rid of the LODORE line in HOSTS.LIST and setting
HOST to LOCALHOST, but clearly I have not located all places where AIPS
thinks I'm on LODORE.  The changes I made just caused AIPS to not open at
all with complaints about the lack of LODORE in HOSTS.LIST.

Cheers,

Craig

    R. Craig Walker            Array Operations Center
    cwalker at nrao.edu           National Radio Astronomy Observatory
    Phone  575 835 7247        P. O. Box O
    Fax    575 835 7027        Socorro NM 87801   USA