[daip] [!4381]: aips - Changes in VLA U-Band gain curves

Andy Biggs do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Mon Feb 3 17:28:32 EST 2014

Andy Biggs updated #4381
------------------------

Changes in VLA U-Band gain curves
---------------------------------

           Ticket ID: 4381
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 03 February 2014 04:33 PM
             Updated: 03 February 2014 10:28 PM
                 Due: 05 February 2014 10:22 PM (1d 23h 54m)
      Resolution Due: 11 February 2014 10:22 PM (7d 23h 54m)

Thanks Eric - I was plotting the wrong thing which was why the ELINT and VLA.GAINS looked the same. Here is a new plot with the right numbers. The inverse of the VLA.GAINS and the ELINT numbers from 1995 look rather similar, the difference probably being that one is an average of all IFs and pols whilst the other is from just one of these.

However, the ELINT coefficients from 1992 and 1995 are still completely different, even taking into account that one is in elevation and one in zenith angle, as the plot shows. My question was really whether such a difference is expected.

Andy

Staff CP:  https://help.nrao.edu/staff