[daip] [!5913]: aips - Installed new MACOS Yosemite and 31DEC15 - tv server not working

Christopher J Stockdale do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue Dec 30 17:44:06 EST 2014

Christopher J Stockdale updated #5913
-------------------------------------

Installed new MACOS Yosemite and 31DEC15 - tv server not working

           Ticket ID: 5913
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 30 December 2014 10:44 PM
             Updated: 30 December 2014 10:44 PM
                 Due: 02 January 2015 10:44 PM (3d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 08 January 2015 10:44 PM (9d 0h 0m)

Hello Eric,

I seem to be cursed with this problem.   After installing the new MAC Yosemite OS, I was unable to get my TV server to work.  I've checked the sysctl.conf file and the /etc/services (they are shown below).  This my mac which was running 31DEC14 just fine before I upgraded the OS.

Thanks,

Chris

kern.sysv.shmmax=10485760
kern.sysv.shmmin=1
kern.sysv.shmmnhi=32
kern.sysv.shmseg=8
kern.sysv.shmall=4096

and the /etc/services file

sssin           5000/tcp        SSSIN      # AIPS TV server
ssslock         5002/tcp        SSSLOCK    # AIPS TV Lock
msgserv         5008/tcp        MSGSERV    # AIPS Message Server
tekserv         5009/tcp        TEKSERV    # AIPS TekServer
aipsmt0         5010/tcp        AIPSMT0    # AIPS remote FITS disk access
aipsmt1         5011/tcp        AIPSMT1    # AIPS remote tape 1
aipsmt2         5012/tcp        AIPSMT2    # AIPS remote tape 2
aipsmt3         5013/tcp        AIPSMT3
aipsmt4         5014/tcp        AIPSMT4
aipsmt5         5015/tcp        AIPSMT5
aipsmt6         5016/tcp        AIPSMT6
aipsmt7         5017/tcp        AIPSMT7

Here's my aips login:

stockdale$ aips tv=local
START_AIPS: Will use or start first available Unix Socket based TV
START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the
START_AIPS:  - system name , AIPS type

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.018
  (Using global default file /Users/stockdale/aips/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for DADEVS.PL)
   Disk 1 (1) is /Users/stockdale/aips/DATA/ITHILIEN
   Disk 2 (2) is /Users/stockdale/aips/DATA/ITHILIEN_1
   Disk 3 (3) is /Users/stockdale/aips/DATA/ITHILIEN_2
   Disk 4 (4) is /Users/stockdale/aips/DATA/ITHILIEN_3
   Disk 5 (5) is /Users/stockdale/aips/DATA/ITHILIEN_4
   Disk 6 (6) is /Users/stockdale/aips/DATA/ITHILIEN_5
   Disk 7 (7) is /Users/stockdale/aips/DATA/ITHILIEN_6
   Disk 8 (8) is /Users/stockdale/aips/DATA/ITHILIEN_7

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is REMOTE
   Tape 2 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on localhost asynchronously
START_AIPS:  - WITH Unix Sockets as requested...
START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on LOCALHOST asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC15 AIPS with normal priority
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC15) at priority =   0
AIPS 1: You are not on a local TV device, welcome stranger
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   5
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   5
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.018
UNIXSERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSRV2 on localhost
Trying to make hard link in /Users/stockdale/aips/31DEC15/MACINT/LOAD to TVSERV.EXE
TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Unix (local) domain
UNIXSERVERS: Start XAS2 on localhost, DISPLAY :0
Trying to make hard link XAS2 to XAS ...
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.6.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/stockdale/aips/31DEC15/MACINT/LOAD/./XAS2
  Reason: image not found
UNIXSERVERS: Start graphics server TKSRV2 on localhost, display :0
Trying to make hard link TKSRV2 to TEKSRV.EXE ...
UNIXSERVERS: Start message server MSSRV2 on localhost, display :0
Trying to make hard link MSSRV2 to MSGSRV.EXE ...
STARTPMON: [LOCALHOST] Starting TPMON1 with output SUPPRESSED

AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?2
AIPS 1:                          31DEC15 AIPS:
AIPS 1:      Copyright (C) 1995-2014 Associated Universities, Inc.
AIPS 1:            AIPS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY;
AIPS 1:                 for details, type HELP GNUGPL
AIPS 1: This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
AIPS 1: under certain conditions; type EXPLAIN GNUGPL for details.
AIPS 1: Previous session command-line history recovered.
AIPS 1: TAB-key completions enabled, type HELP READLINE for details.
AIPS 1: Recovered POPS environment from last exit