[daip] VLA data & calib

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Dec 26 14:26:59 EST 2014

On 12/26/2014 11:47 AM, 曹洪敏 wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> VLA data (old style) and some e-VLA antennas participated in the experiment.
>
> The flux density calibrators normally have UV distance limitations.
> When run calib with a primary flux density calibrator, and set e.g. the
> UVmax,
> then whether it will mean that the data on the baselines longer than
> UVmax will
> not be properly calibrated (?)
>
> I also see a term "antennas per arm for the flux density calibrator" ,
> How to properly set this parameter in calib (?)
>
> Thanks for the helps,
> Happy new year,

The antennas per arm tells you how many antennas there are within the
constraint of the UVmax.  You cannot adjust that since it is a fact
about where they are placed.  You may still get solutions for antennas
outside that distance since there will be baselines between the outer
antennas, some of which may be short enough.  However, it is best to use
calibrator sources that do not have limits.  Note that we provide models
for some calibration sources (enter CALDIR to see what models are
available, use CALRD to read them in) which lets you ignore the
suggested UV ranges - in CALIB set IN2NAME etc to point at the model
image and set NMAPS=1.