[daip] [!5390]: aips - POSSM auto- and cross-correlation functions

Lynn D Matthews do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri Aug 22 14:47:59 EDT 2014

Lynn D Matthews updated #5390
-----------------------------

POSSM auto- and cross-correlation functions

           Ticket ID: 5390
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 22 August 2014 06:47 PM
             Updated: 22 August 2014 06:47 PM
                 Due: 26 August 2014 06:47 PM (4d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 01 September 2014 06:47 PM (10d 0h 0m)

I have tried using POSSM with APARM(8)=3 and 4, respectively, to plot auto- and cross-correlation functions.

I find that if one plots more than one Stokes, all but the first appear corrupted. For example, if Stokes='half', all Stokes LL plots are identically zero. If Stokes=' ', then LL is non-zero but clearly wrong, and RL and LR are zero.

Things look seemingly okay if one plots one Stokes at a time.

I've tested various data sets, including some old VLA data, and always see the same behavior.

Lynn Matthews