[daip] [!5384]: aips - SNPLT of TY table with linear feeds

Tracy Clarke do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Aug 21 11:25:40 EDT 2014

Tracy Clarke updated #5384
--------------------------

SNPLT of TY table with linear feeds
-----------------------------------

           Ticket ID: 5384
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 21 August 2014 03:25 PM
             Updated: 21 August 2014 03:25 PM
                 Due: 25 August 2014 03:25 PM (4d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 29 August 2014 03:25 PM (8d 0h 0m)

I have WIDAR data from the P band system with data recorded in XX and YY. When I look at the SY table I can clearly see that the
PSUM and PDIFF columns are different for each polarization yet when I plot them (or PSYS) with SNPLT I get identical values for each polarization. I tried telling it Stokes 'XX' and then Stokes 'RR' but get consistently that the two polarizations plot identically.

If I change the header to say that the data are RR and LL instead, then the correct columns appear to be plotted and I can see that the two polarizations are indeed very different in values. This agrees with results I have from taking the data out of AIPS and calculating PSYS and plotting.

Cheers,

Tracy