[daip] BDF2AIPS

Tracy Clarke (Foreign National) tracy.clarke.ca at nrl.navy.mil
Fri Aug 15 14:04:31 EDT 2014

Hi Eric,

To follow up on the conversation we had earlier today:

I just wanted to confirm that the NRAO version of BDF2AIPS writes a file with the frequency definition at the center pixel. There is not
any setting the user has in the AIPS interface to indicate this. Also I noticed it automatically extends the flags on either end by 2.2s.
Neither is necessarily bad for VLITE to WIDAR comparisons it will mean things are a little different.

I also confirmed DIGICOR does change the VLITE data and consultation with Walter we decided DIGICOR=-1 is what we should use.

Cheers,

Tracy

Tracy Clarke
Research Astronomer