[daip] FITLD issue

Walter Brisken wbrisken at nrao.edu
Thu Aug 7 11:07:43 EDT 2014

Hi AIPS,

I think I've found a problem with FITLD, but can't yet rule out it is a
problem with my code generating the FITS files since I am using a feature
not well tested.

The problem is FITLD throwing away much or all of data from a VLITE FITS
file with a comment of the form:

FITLD1: MC2CL: WARNING         5 CL RECORDS DID NOT GET CLOCK AND ATMOSP
         HERE

This points to the AIPS IM table (corresponding to the FITS-IDI ML table).

I have made two FITS-IDI files for the same obseration:

/users/wbrisken/badFITLD/BAD.FITS
/users/wbrisken/badFITLD/GOOD.FITS

The first is the one originally spit out from VLITE.  The second is one I
made using all of the same data except that before conversion to FITS I
recomputed the delay model with 2 minute duration polynomials.  The
Original file used 10 minute duration polynomials.  VLITE is the first
case I am aware of that something other than 2 minutes is used.

With PRTAB I have confirmed that in both cases there is a polynomial
appropriate for each visibility, so I suspect the problem is in FITLD, but
I cannot be sure.  Could you take a look?

All VLITE files have been using 10 minute polynomial intervals and only
some have this problem on load.

 	-Walter