[daip] clean 3bit Ka data

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Apr 25 22:19:55 EDT 2014

On 4/25/2014 2:01 PM, zadeh wrote:
> Hi Eric,
> Hope all is well. I may be overlooking something easy but how do I
> include spectral index information in calib for a
> point source that varies across the 64 IFs. I am trying to do a phase
> followed by an amplitude selfcal using a point source
> model.
> I appreciate it.
> Farhad

Do you know the flux of this source or will you be using GETJY to solve for
it after calibrating with a known calibration source (3C286 et al)? If
the latter
then GETJY will use the fluxes in each IF separately and end up with an
SU table
with a suitable spectrum in it.  If you then use that source as a
bandpass call,
BPASS will fit a spectral index for you.  All the standard cals are
known complete
with first, second and even third order spectra; index terms.  Thus
SETJY with CALC
will put an appropriate list of fluxes into the SU table for them (and
BPASS will
recognize them, etc.)

Eric Greisen

---