[daip] AIPS issue - BB332

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Apr 9 12:09:14 EDT 2014

Craig Walker wrote:
> I don't see the problem either.  I think this is one for the AIPS group
> so I have added DAIP to this response.

The problem arises from duplicate records in the GC (and PC and TY)
tables due to simple appending of these tables.  It is a well-known
issue, addressed by the procedure (from VLBAUTIL) called VLBAMCAL.  That
procedure is usually accessed via the VLBAFIX procedure.

Nonetheless, I have changed the code of APCAL to notice that records are
simple duplicates and to ignore multiple occurrences of the very same
data.  The MNJ in Charlottesville will update the 31DEC14 version a
little after midnight tonight.

The APCAL fix handles this issue in this place in the GC table.  Issues
arising elsewhere with the duplicates should be avoided with either
VLBAMCAL or VLBAFIX.  The latter will probably make 2 data sets from the
S and X data.