[daip] [!3921]: aips - ALVAR

Lynn D Matthews do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Sep 26 11:08:05 EDT 2013

Lynn D Matthews updated #3921
-----------------------------

ALVAR
-----

           Ticket ID: 3921
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 26 September 2013 03:08 PM
             Updated: 26 September 2013 03:08 PM
                 Due: 27 September 2013 03:08 PM (1d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 28 September 2013 03:08 PM (2d 0h 0m)

I have been experimenting with the new ALVAR task and now have
a few questions.

(1) First, how does the program deal with missing data and/or gaps between scans?

Then two minor clarifications:

(2) As I understand, the task is reporting the Allan variance for all quantities
and not the square root of the Allan variance. Should the phase units then be
printed as radians**2 rather than radians?

(3) In the equation given in the first paragraph of the help file, should that
be tau**2 in the denominator?

(4) Lastly, a small request: could the OUTPRINT format be modified to omit
the blank line after the header?  (Otherwise a fortran read wants to turn it into zeros).

Thank you,
Lynn Matthews