[daip] 2 Gb bandpass

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Sep 23 12:45:45 EDT 2013

bob at physics.ucdavis.edu wrote:
> hello. once again I am trying to keep up with the new data.
> I got my first 2 Gb bandpass data ( 6 cm). is there a
> recommended procedure for reducing this data?
> does one do a single image over the entire bandpass or
> 10 images or 20 images?
>
> any advice would be welcome.
>
> bob becker

See Appendix E if the CookBook for EVLA advice incl wide bands.
I would image each spectral window separately and you may even have to
calibrate them that way although that probably is not needed.  If you
have anextended source so that RFLAG must run with UVRANGE set then you
will have to separate the spectral windows ("IFs").  You can put the
IF-separate images back together with SPIXR whoch solves for spectral
index and total from the 16 separate ones.