[daip] [!4005]: aips - UVLIN

NRAO Helpdesk do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue Oct 29 19:04:00 EDT 2013

Eric Greisen updated #4005
--------------------------

       Staff (Owner): Eric Greisen (was: -- Unassigned --)

UVLIN
-----

           Ticket ID: 4005
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 29 October 2013 08:39 PM
             Updated: 29 October 2013 08:39 PM

I have been encountering some errors when running UVLIN that appear to be linked at least in part with the choice of PRTLEV. My inputs are appended below.

The bad behavior seems to vary depending on the particular data set. With the example below,
the task seems to run okay if PRTLEV=0. With PRTLEV=1, the task hangs after processing
180000 out of 1120000 visibilities. Then with PRTLEV=2, error messages spew into the main terminal window (see attachment). Finally, with an earlier version of this same data set (identical except for two fewer antennas flagged), UVLIN would seemingly complete successfully when PRTLEV=2, but conclude with the following message:

 > UVLIN1: Flagged        0 correlators
 > UVLIN1: Appears to have ended successfully
  > UVLIN1: char 31DEC13 TST: Cpu=     12.7  Real=     59  IO=      7271
 > UVLIN1: ZABORS: signal 11 received
 > UVLIN1: ABORT!

Thanks in advance,
Lynn Matthews

AIPS 1: UVLIN     Fits and removes continuum visibility, also can flag
AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: INNAME     'RSCNC C+D'             Input UV file name (name)
AIPS 1: INCLASS    '4 R5'                  Input UV file name (class)
AIPS 1: INSEQ         1                    Input UV file name (seq. #)
AIPS 1: INDISK        3                    Input UV file disk unit #
AIPS 1: SOURCES    *all ' '                Source name
AIPS 1: QUAL         -1                    Calibrator qualifier -1=>all
AIPS 1: CALCODE    ' '                     Calibrator code '    '=>all
AIPS 1: TIMERANG   *all 0                  Time range to use
AIPS 1: SELBAND      -1                    Bandwidth to select (kHz)
AIPS 1: SELFREQ      -1                    Frequency to select (MHz)
AIPS 1: FREQID        0                    Freq. ID to select.
AIPS 1: SUBARRAY      0                    Sub-array, 0=>all
AIPS 1: BIF           1                    Low IF number to do
AIPS 1: EIF           0                    Highest IF number to do
AIPS 1: DOCALIB      -1                    > 0 calibrate data & weights
AIPS 1:                                    > 99 do NOT calibrate weights
AIPS 1: GAINUSE       2                    CL (or SN) table to apply
AIPS 1: DOPOL        -1                    If >0.5 correct polarization.
AIPS 1: PDVER         0                    PD table to apply (DOPOL>0)
AIPS 1: BLVER        -1                    BL table to apply.
AIPS 1: FLAGVER       0                    Flag table version
AIPS 1: DOBAND       -1                    If >0.5 apply bandpass cal.
AIPS 1:                                    Method used depends on value
AIPS 1:                                    of DOBAND (see HELP file).
AIPS 1: BPVER        13                    Bandpass table version
AIPS 1: SMOOTH     *all 0                  Smoothing function. See
AIPS 1:                                    HELP SMOOTH for details.
AIPS 1: DOACOR       -1                    Include autocorrelations?
AIPS 1: INTEXT     ' '
AIPS 1:                                    File with channel weights
AIPS 1: OUTNAME    'TEST'                  Output UV file name (name)
AIPS 1: OUTCLASS   ' '                     Output UV file name (class)
AIPS 1: OUTSEQ        0                    Output UV file name (seq. #)
AIPS 1: OUTDISK       3                    Output UV file disk unit #.
AIPS 1: SHIFT         0           0        Shift in asec at ref position
AIPS 1: FLUX          7                    Threshold for unity weight
AIPS 1: DOCONT       -1                    Retain continuum if > 0
AIPS 1: ICHANSEL     10          50        Select channels to fit: NOTE
AIPS 1:               1           1        this is start,end,increment
AIPS 1:              77         118        and IF for each region
AIPS 1:               1           1        *rest 0
AIPS 1: ORDER         1                    Order of fit line (0 -> DC)
AIPS 1: PRTLEV        1                    Print level: 0 very little
AIPS 1:                                    1 flag summary, 2 channels
AIPS 1:                                    used and flagged