[daip] [!3947]: aips - aips on lustre

NRAO Helpdesk do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue Oct 22 15:52:04 EDT 2013

Eric Greisen updated #3947
--------------------------

       Staff (Owner): Eric Greisen (was: -- Unassigned --)
                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 02 October 2013 06:55 PM)

aips on lustre
--------------

           Ticket ID: 3947
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 01 October 2013 06:55 PM
             Updated: 01 October 2013 06:55 PM

Hi,

I was given an NRAO lustre account to process  a DDT TOO observation.
I'm logging to the NRAO machine remotely from my computer (I'm not at NRAO).
When trying to run aips I get the following error:

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is Exabyte 8500 (dual density) on PHECDA
   Tape 2 is DAT on PHECDA
   Tape 3 is real time FILLM (1) on PHECDA
   Tape 4 is real time FILLM (2) on PHECDA
   Tape 5 is REMOTE
   Tape 6 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called gygax
START_AIPS: Checking if gygax is reachable via ssh...
nmobs-4957 at gygax's password:
START_AIPS: Yes it is.  Telling gygax to start VERSION=TST
START_AIPS: TV servers asynchronously with INET Socket...
START_AIPS: ******************************************************
START_AIPS: IF THIS FAILS, start AIPS yourself by hand on gygax.
START_AIPS: ******************************************************
START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on PHECDA asynchronously...
 National Radio Astronomy Observatory computing facilities are exclusively
  for the use of authorized personnel, who are expected to abide by the
     terms of the NRAO Computing Security and Computing Use Policies.

 NOTICE
   This machine is not intended to run CASA so please do not do so.
nmobs-4957 at gygax's password: ================================  AIPS NEWS  ===============================

                       ------------------------------
2009-12-02     TST is 31DEC10
               NEW is 31DEC09
               OLD is 31DEC08

                       ------------------------------
2008-10-22     There is a not-so-new way to kill and restart
               the TPMON programs.  It is
                    /usr/local/bin/tpmon-restart
               which may be run by anyone from any account.

                       ------------------------------
2000-06-15  The aips account is no longer accessible to users.
            AIPS_ROOT is /home/AIPS.  Visitors will be assigned
     temporary visitor accounts with full AIPS access.

                       ------------------------------
  The remaining members of the AIPS group can be contacted directly by
  email to daip at nrao.edu.  The contact people in Socorro are Amy
  Mioduszewski and Eric Greisen, backed up by Leonia Kogan.
  In Charlottesville, the contact person is Pat Murphy.

   * The ~aips/USERS area is intended to be used for small, temporary   *
   * files only. Do not store FITS files or other large data files in   *
   * this area. Such files will be deleted without warning.             *
   * **DO NOT** put any personal files in the /home/AIPS area; they     *
   * will be removed as soon as they are detected.  Create a readily    *
   * recognizable directory in ~aips/USERS/  e.g. ~aips/USERS/<login>   *
   * and put things there.  Note that this area is also not for long-   *
   * term storage; anything important should be kept on your personal   *
   * account.    OLD FILES ARE DELETED WITHOUT WARNING.                 *

Usage: AIPSEXEC [REMOTE] [DEBUG] [LOCAL] [NOEX]
phecda$
Permission denied, please try again.
nmobs-4957 at gygax's password:
Permission denied, please try again.
nmobs-4957 at gygax's password:
Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password).

Any idea what is wrong and how can I run AIPS properly?

Cheers,

Assaf