[daip] SETJY

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Oct 21 11:56:26 EDT 2013

Andreas Brunthaler wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> you can find two scans of the data here:
>
> ftp://ftp.mpifr-bonn.mpg.de/outgoing/brunthal/br149.split.uvdata

Thanks but a single-source file was of limited help.  It did however
point me at the right file in the archive and, since I am a trusted
staff member, I downloaded that and have run tests.  I confirm the issue
with ' ' and my correction to the code now makes 31DEC11 and 31DEC13
(when I put it back) agree to within 12 m/s (I said there was a small
error in 31DEC11).  But I do not confirm your issue with 'VCAL' - all
versions of SETJY produce  197990.38111   6668518944.0 for G000.31-0.20.
Note that this is 165 m/s different than with ' '.  Your channel width
is 360 m/s so this difference is suspiciously close to 1/2 channel.  I
wonder is there is somewhere an assumption that the frequency is at the
start of a channel while aips assumes it is at the middle.  Of course
that also applies to the velocity so even that problem should not shift
things by 1/2 channel.  Curious...

What sort of computer are you using?  echo $ARCH after the aips logicals
are known.

Thanks

Eric