[daip] [!3971]: aips - AIPS disk "currently unavailable"

Scott Hyman do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri Oct 18 16:43:47 EDT 2013

Scott Hyman updated #3971
-------------------------

AIPS disk "currently unavailable"
---------------------------------

           Ticket ID: 3971
                 SLA: ALMA E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 18 October 2013 08:43 PM
             Updated: 18 October 2013 08:43 PM
                 Due: 22 October 2013 08:43 PM (4d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 28 October 2013 08:43 PM (10d 0h 0m)

Hello,

In order to make room for a very large file, I backed up all the files in my AIPS disk LOCALHOST_1 to an external drive and then deleted them from the /DATA/LOCALHOST_1 area.  (I now realize this was probably very unwise!)   Now that I don't need that disk space anymore, I have copied the files back, but when I start up AIPS, I get the error below.  I am running 31DEC13 version of aips on a MacBook Pro with OSX 10.7.5.  I've tried restarting the computer to no avail.

Hope you can help!
Scott

bash-3.2$ aips notv
START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the
START_AIPS:  - system name , AIPS type

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.012
  (Using global default file /Applications/aips/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for DADEVS.PL)
                  /Applications/aips/DATA/LOCALHOST_1 is currently unavailable.

START_AIPS: Cannot start AIPS because there are no defined data areas!
START_AIPS: (check DADEVS.LIST or .dadevs files, or AIPSASSN.\*)