[daip] SETJY

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Oct 18 15:29:50 EDT 2013

Andreas Brunthaler wrote:
> Dear Eric,
>
> I hope you are all back at work now in Socorro. I'm having some problems
> with the velocity calculation in SETJY. I compared the results I get
> when using the 31DEC2011 and the 31DEC2013 versions and get different
> results for the same input parameters.

I have been studying the code and have concluded that the 31DEC11
version had very minor errors in the radio computation for optyp ' '
while 31DEC13 needs to add the SYSVEL provided by the user.  Note that
SETJY has been confused by the meaning of SYSVEL and APARM(1) - I am
adding a new adverb to say to which IF these adverb values apply.  In
general, doing 1 IF at a time is the only meaningful thing with this
operation.

The issue with VCAL is more disturbing.  That OPTYPE ignores SYSVEL and
  APARM(1) as well as ZEROSP.  It would be tempting to say that your
velocities are not right - but that does not explain the large shift
that CVEL does.  I coded SETJY to look exactly like CVEL so this should
not happen.  I need to look more.

Eric