[daip] issues with task CONVL

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 3 18:10:33 EDT 2013

Sayali Avachat wrote:
> Thanks Dr. Greisen,
>
> So then do you think it is Okay to use these convolved radio maps for
> further analysis, even though the numbers are little different, as can
> be seen in two headers above ( but they are of the same order)?
> And for the optical, if bmaj, bmin etc are not in the header, where to
> find them?

I believe that CONVL does the correct thing with FACTOR=0.  They should
be fine.

The resolution of the optical image and its units are your problem - it
is your image.  Ask the people who took it, Try PRTTP on the FITS file
with PRTLEV=2 - there may be all sorts of info in the header (or use
PRTHI on the aips image on disk) in keywords aips does not recognize.