[daip] subim limitation

Lawrence Rudnick larry at umn.edu
Mon Nov 25 15:22:36 EST 2013

Your question is tricky, and suggests that perhaps we'd be better off
not doing anything?

   Here's the deal -- when y and z are both spatial coordinates, then
i'd want to make the same choice of opc, (which i always set to ave), so
i'd have xinc of 1 (freq axis) and yinc and zinc of n (and have them do
average)  however, suppose x and y are spatial and z is frequency.  I
might want to make a different choice.  in that case, I would be better
off doing subim in two steps.

xinc*yinc*zinc, full average, makes sense to me as a default, and if i
didn't want to do that, i'd have to do partial subims.  treating zinc
differently than xinc and yinc would almost certainly create confusion.

given this, i'm almost tempted to say just leave it as is. perhaps try
out the question on others?

lr

--

Lawrence Rudnick