[daip] Polarization Calibration

Doug Roberts droberts.archive at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 20:21:27 EST 2013

Hi Eric,

You are right.  My email had the wide parallactic angle coverage
calibrator and known polarized source (3C286) transposed as you found
out!  Sorry, about the confusion.

I understand your point that the continuum solution is redundent if the
spectral solution has sufficient S/N.  But nothing would be wrong to do
the continuum one first followed by the spectral solution.
It looks like the cookbook has the continuum solutions for PCAL/RLDIF
followed by the spectral ones
(http://www.aips.nrao.edu/CookHTML/CookBookse152.html#x186-423000E.7).
Maybe that was meant to be either or?

I'm attaching my RUN file that defined EVLACAL (which I run on older VLA
data two).  Almost all of our data I'm reducing this way is high
frequency.  If you wouldn't mind looking it over to make sure I'm using
the polarization tasks properly I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Doug