[daip] New Ticket - [!XSK-573080]: Calibrating weights doesn't seem to work....

Michael Bietenholz do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Mon May 27 16:18:43 EDT 2013

New Ticket: Calibrating weights doesn't seem to work....

SPLIT does not seem to calibrate weights anymore despite DOCAL=1 and APARM(4)=1
UVPRT, and presumably most other tasks also don't seem to calibrate weights with DOCALI=1.
(I think it may be detecting new JVLA data sets and forcibly turning off weight calibration).

However, even though there are no input weights for new JVLA data, I think it is generally a good thing to calibrate them, since the amp gains between different spw's can vary quite substantially, and it makes sense to weight the different spw's according to this difference.

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: XSK-573080
Department: AIPS Data Processing
Link:  https://help.nrao.edu/staff/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=viewticket&ticketid=3270