[daip] [Mnj] Calibration still in 31DEC13

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue May 21 19:26:16 EDT 2013

Chris.Phillips at csiro.au wrote:
> Hi Eric
>
> I suspect this is not related to the current calibration errors, but I a student I have been helping with LBA data has hit what looks to me like a bug in SNCOP.
>
> In brief he is trying to copy FRING solutions from a continuum data set with 2 IFs to a spectral line data with 1 IF. When the BOX parameter was blank it was changing the amplitude correction but when he explicitly set BOX is seemed to work OK.
>
> If you think  this could be related to the other calibration problems I will get him to try and run MNJ. Otherwise is the best approach to send a more detailed explanation to the aips bug email?
>
> Regards
> Chris

I have tried SNCOP and it appears to work as it should with BOX=0.
In my case that averaged up 4 IFs which was not a good thing because the
4 had different phase even though they all had amplitude 1.0.  Averaging
up the reals and the imaginaries produced an amplitude near zero.
Nonetheless it was the correct average.  I suspect your student hit much
the same issue.

And you are right that this is unrelated - the bug was in fetching
values to implement DOCAL=1 not related to tasks most people have never
heard of.