[daip] New Ticket - [!NYR-710052]: SN tables

Lynn D Matthews do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Sat May 18 14:54:00 EDT 2013

New Ticket: SN tables

I seem to be experiencing some problems with SN tables as of today's MNJ.

For example, with a single-source file, when I try to apply an SN table in VPLOT, it complains:

FOUND   0 POINTS: NOT ENOUGH TO SELF-SCALE

even though BPARM(3)=0 and the SN table looks normal.

I then tried to SPLIT the data and was told:

CHAR  > SPLIT1: SPLCOP FOUND NO SAMPLES OUT OF  340200 POSSIBLE
CHAR  > SPLIT1:        IS SUBARRAY  1 IN CL/SN TABLE?
CHAR  > SPLIT1:            Previously flagged   flagged by gain         kept
CHAR  > SPLIT1: Partially               0                   0              0
CHAR  > SPLIT1: Fully                   0              340200              0
CHAR  > SPLIT1: SPLCOP: ERROR - NO DATA WRITTEN
CHAR  > SPLIT1: Destroyed  1 extension files of type FQ
CHAR  > SPLIT1: Destroyed  1 extension files of type NX
CHAR  > SPLIT1: Destroyed UV image file: catno=     61 disk= 4
CHAR  > SPLIT1: PROBLEM WITH SOURCE:                  NO VIS SELECTED
CHAR  > SPLIT1: FAILED TO SELECT VALID DATA
CHAR  > SPLIT1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes

These problems go away if I move the data to a machine with 31DEC12.

Lynn Matthews

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: NYR-710052
Department: AIPS Data Processing