[daip] Problems averaging channels.

R. Craig Walker cwalker at nrao.edu
Thu May 16 21:56:58 EDT 2013

Thanks for looking at these.

Before trying the averaging, I had been looking at the data with POSSM and
had not had any issues with the flagging or calibration apply, at least
with most of the data sets (there are a whole bunch covering all of our
4-8 GHz receiver).  I can check explicitly with getn 71 tomorrow, but I'm
reasonably sure I looked at that one.

Cheers,

Craig

> Craig Walker wrote:
>> I would like to get a POSSM output data file without as many channels as
>> I'm getting now by averaging channels.  I have tried two methods, both
>> with problems.
>>
>> First AVSPC:
>> default avspc
>>    ind 3; getn 71
>>    outn=inn; outcl='avspc'; outs=ins; outd=ind
>>    docalib=1; gainuse=maxtab('CL'); flagver=maxtab('FG')
>>    doacor=1; channel=3; avoption='subs'
>>    smooth=1,0
>>
>> That takes in a 2150 vis file and turns it into a 24 vis file with only
>> the autocorrelations from one station.
>
> Your flag table (even version 1) deletes all data after the first few
> 10-10 autocorrelations.
>
> Eric

    R. Craig Walker            Array Operations Center
    cwalker at nrao.edu           National Radio Astronomy Observatory
    Phone  575 835 7247        P. O. Box O
    Fax    575 835 7027        Socorro NM 87801   USA