[daip] Problem with loading EVLA data into AIPS with BDF2AIPS... (fwd)

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed May 15 18:29:25 EDT 2013

Nissim Kanekar wrote:

> On Wed, 15 May 2013, Eric Greisen wrote:
>
>> Nissim Kanekar wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear Eric,
>>>
>>> We've been having some weird problems with mails today, so I wasn't
>>> sure whether a mail that I sent to you earlier today got through and
>>> thought I should forward it again (below). Apologies if you got the
>>> earlier one!
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Nissim

Unfortunately, the time you want ORDER to be false is when the AC and BD
overlap.  It is helpful to have the IFs of AC be a consecutively
numbered set separate from those of BD (FRING has options that allow you
to solve for an AC and BD delay but only when IFs 1-N are AC and N+1-2N
are BD.  Changing the order prevents this option from working.
Something else went wrong with the first BDFIn job I think.

I am CC'ing Bill Cotton - he may want to look at this.

Eric