[daip] Strange slot numbers.

R. Craig Walker cwalker at nrao.edu
Thu May 9 13:46:43 EDT 2013

When I run 31DEC13 (just updated) in a data area that I've had for a long
time on my Mac, new files are stuck in slots 6001, 6002 then 6026 ...
where
they should have gone just above this highest numbered slot which is in
the 300 range.  A RECAT puts them down where they should be.  If I RESTART
to an area that was begun more recently, new files go just above the
existing ones as expected.  Any clue what is confusing AIPS in the older
data set?

This is on my Mac Pro tower at home.  Both data sets are on disk 6 which
is a data area on an external Firewire 800 drive.

I have a vague memory that I've been here before, but I forget the
resolution.

Cheers,

Craig

    R. Craig Walker            Array Operations Center
    cwalker at nrao.edu           National Radio Astronomy Observatory
    Phone  575 835 7247        P. O. Box O
    Fax    575 835 7027        Socorro NM 87801   USA