[daip] New Staff Reply - [!DSY-752989]: Finding and Editing .AIPSRC file

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri May 3 14:30:01 EDT 2013

New Staff Reply: Finding and Editing .AIPSRC file

There are 2 files in the $AIPS_ROOT area, LOGIN.SH and LOGIN.CSH.
My login scripts set the environment variable AIPS_ROOT to
point at the correct location for my computer and the they doe the
command
    . $AIPS_ROOT/LOGIN.SH     (for my bash shell)
or
    source $AIPS_ROOT/LOGIN.CSH
These will set additional things in your $PATH and in your
environment.  Then the symbol "aips" should be known.

You can do these commands by hand instead of putting them
in the startup scripts.  Or you can do
     . $AIPS_ROOT/START_AIPS
since the symbol "aips" in $SYSLOCAL is just a link to the
START_AIPS script.

Eric Greisen

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: DSY-752989