[daip] New Staff Reply - [!HRG-988608]: AIPS - SPLIT troubles - SPLCOP FOUND NO SAMPLES error message

Amy Mioduszewski do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed Mar 27 13:32:41 EDT 2013

New Staff Reply: AIPS - SPLIT troubles - SPLCOP FOUND NO SAMPLES error message

Yes, you have to change the number of the source in the CL and FG tables or change the source number in the data.  The easiest thing is to renumber the CL and FG using TABED.  To be safe I would change *only* the target source number not the others.  You can set a test value in the aparms, so say if the number in column 4 is 3 change it to 7 or whatever (these are just example numbers I don't know off the top of my head what the source column is in the CL and FG tables.  Before doing this fiddling I would do a TASAV in case you do something wrong you will have backup tables.

You can also use TBOUT and TBIN.  TBOUT writes out the table in text form which you can edit, TBIN will read it back in again.  I still think TABED would be the easiest once you figure out the parameters.

Amy Mioduszewski
NRAO

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: HRG-988608