[daip] More on POSSM smoothing.

R. Craig Walker cwalker at nrao.edu
Tue Mar 12 23:00:06 EDT 2013

Note in my previous message on smoothing issues in POSSM, I had BPARM set
to so a divide by channel zero.  That was an untended consequence of a
bparm set for some other task.  Once I noticed I had done that, I tried
again with bparm set to zero.  The same droopy phases are seen.  At that
point, I was looking at an even stronger source, 3C279, and the droop
effect is even more obvious because of the higher SNR.

Cheers,

Craig

    R. Craig Walker            Array Operations Center
    cwalker at nrao.edu           National Radio Astronomy Observatory
    Phone  575 835 7247        P. O. Box O
    Fax    575 835 7027        Socorro NM 87801   USA