[daip] non-atomic file creation

Andrew Biggs abiggs at eso.org
Fri Mar 8 04:32:35 EST 2013

Thanks Eric - I'll set QCREAT to True.

By the way, I came across an email from Craig Walker on the internet about
problems with UVSRT and external disks on a MacBook Pro:

http://listmgr.cv.nrao.edu/pipermail/daip/2009-August/014621.html

Last night, I seemed to be experiencing the same problem and after UVSRT
had run for several hours, I gave up, started MSORT instead and went to
bed. This morning, I used UVSRT to return from BT to TB (I've UBAVG'd in
the meantime) this time putting the external disk in BADDISK. This ran
pretty quickly, although the file is smaller.

I'm on science leave in Manchester and have brought my data over on
external disk. Is it in general a good idea to avoid external disks for
scratch files?

Cheers,

Andy