[daip] aips scratch file

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sun Jun 30 17:02:46 EDT 2013

Dale Frail wrote:
> Eric,
>
> In case you are in this morning...
>
> On TRANSIENT, user 1364, getn 95. I am having trouble doing some basic
> stuff. I go into TVFLG, so all the flagging, but the program does not
> exit cleanly. It is likely from some file that was not cleaned up.
>
> TVFLG1: Begin actually flagging the data
> TVFLG1: ZCREAT: FILE DA01:SCD02R001.11W; ALREADY EXISTS
> TVFLG1: SCREAT: DISK  1 ERROR    1 ON SCRATCH CREATE
> TVFLG1: SCREAT: FAILED TO CREATE REQUESTED SCRATCH FILE
> TVFLG1: SCREAT: PERHAPS BADDISK IS TOO EXTENSIVE
> TVFLG1: SCREAT: TRIED DISKS  1
> TVFLG1: ITBSRT: ERROR  5 CREATING SCRATCH FILE
> TVFLG1: ERROR    2 SORTING THE FC TABLE
> AIPS 1: Resumes
>  >TVFLG1: Destroyed  1 extension files of type FC
> TVFLG1: Destroyed MA image file: catno=     96 disk= 1
> TVFLG1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
> TVFLG1: transien 31DEC13 TST: Cpu=    112.9  Real=    248  IO=     27773

There was an SC file in your data area with no catalog entry to tell any
task about its existence.  Hence, tasks would try to use that catalog
entry to create a file and, if that file was an SC file, there would be
an error.  I simply deleted it since it had no supporting information
(header, etc).  I also added a SPACE file to the /DATA/TRANSIENT_2
directory - now you will have 2 data disks again.

Cheers

Eric