[daip] Split CSLGET error

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Jun 19 18:50:54 EDT 2013

Arnaud Collioud wrote:
>> ftp did not work so I am downloading via the web page -
>
> Since I put the file by ftp, I thought it was also possible to retrieve it in the same way, but it is apparently not the case.
>
>> current estimate is 1 day 18 hours!
>
> Wow!
>
> Please tell me once you have successfully  completed the transfer. If not, I will find another way to send the data to you...
>
> Arnaud

I have read your data in (as I guessed the copy job finished before 11
pm despite the 2-3 day estimates it was getting during the day) and
looked at the issues.  I cannot get CSLGET to run off the end of the CL
table as it did for you.  However, I did find an issue with subarray 2
on the 1706-174 source that caused it to find no usable data.  I have
fixed that - so a MNJ on Thursday should correct that issue and (I hope)
the other.  Your CL table lacks entries for a lot of your data.

I don't know what you are doing - but if the subarrays are all really
the same set of antennas with any particular antenna being in one
subarray at one time and another at another time then you should be
aware of the following.  If the CL table column for subarray is zero,
then it applies to all subarrays.  The same is true of the source and
frequency ID columns.  You can force this with TABPUT or probably TABED.
For source however, care is needed.  The CL table can contain amplitude
and phase corrections that are very source dependent (clock, antenna and
source position, atmosphere, antenna gain curves, etc.).  If it has
those, then you do not want to set the source column to zero.

I will hang on to your file in case the new fix does not solve all
issues.  Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Eric