[daip] New Staff Reply - [!VZM-952494]: Loading old data in AIPS

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Jun 13 10:44:55 EDT 2013

New Staff Reply: Loading old data in AIPS

There are a bunch of adverbs that will cause data to be skipped.
DPARM is one of them but BAND, QUAL, CALCODE VLAOBS, VLAMODE,
TIMERANG, BCHAN, and ECHAN at least can also cause data to be skipped.
It is possible of course that there are no valid data in the file
you got from the archive.  I note that many of the old VLA runs
actually required multiple files, so you may not have downloaded
them all also.

Try PRTTP with PRTLEV=2 on the file - perhaps that will be edifying.

If you still find no joy, let me suggest that you then tell me details of
the data (date, program code, etc) and I will take a look at it.

Eric Greisen

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: VZM-952494
Department: AIPS Data Processing