[daip] problems with XAS in my MAC

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Jun 5 18:54:24 EDT 2013

Salvador Curiel wrote:
> On Jun 5, 2013, at 11:39 AM, Eric Greisen wrote:
>
>> Salvador Curiel wrote:
>>> Hi Eric,
>>> This is the information you need. Cheers
>>> sysctl kern.sysv
>>> kern.sysv.shmmax: 10485760
>>> kern.sysv.shmmin: 1
>>> kern.sysv.shmmni: 32
>>> kern.sysv.shmseg: 8
>>> kern.sysv.shmall: 4096
>>> kern.sysv.semmni: 87381
>>> kern.sysv.semmns: 87381
>>> kern.sysv.semmnu: 87381
>>> kern.sysv.semmsl: 87381
>>> kern.sysv.semume: 10
>>> kern.sysv: no such MIB
>>> more /etc/sysctl.conf kern.sysv.shmmax=10485760
>>> kern.sysv.shmmin=1
>>> kern.sysv.shmmni=32
>>> kern.sysv.shmseg=8
>>> kern.sysv.shmall=4096

>> Why don'y=t you try
>>
>> sysctl -w kern.sysv.shmmax=16777216
>>
>> My guess is that 10 Megs would be enough (actually 8 Megs) but there is no harm in using the larger value - it is an upper limit not the amount you will use.
>>
>> Send us the above info again after you try this.
>>
>> Eric Greisen
>

> Hi Eric,
>
> These are the outputs after I reboot the computer. Now I get the 3 windows (TEKSRV, MSGSRV and AIPSTV), however, the TV still does not respond. When I try using TVINI or display a map, I get an error, which I include at the end of this message. Looks like AIPS does not recognize this computer as a host...
>
> Cheers,
> Salvador
>

> cat /etc/sysctl.conf
>
> kern.sysv.shmmax=16777216
> kern.sysv.shmmin=1
> kern.sysv.shmmni=32
> kern.sysv.shmseg=8
> kern.sysv.shmall=4096
>
>  sysctl kern.sysv
>
> kern.sysv.shmmax: 16777216
> kern.sysv.shmmin: 1
> kern.sysv.shmmni: 32
> kern.sysv.shmseg: 8
> kern.sysv.shmall: 4096
> kern.sysv.semmni: 87381
> kern.sysv.semmns: 87381
> kern.sysv.semmnu: 87381
> kern.sysv.semmsl: 87381
> kern.sysv.semume: 10
> kern.sysv: no such MIB
>
>> tvlod
> AIPS 1: ZSSSL2: mac-pro-de-salvador: UNKNOWN HOST
> AIPS 1: ZSSSLK: ERROR   2 ON LOCK
> AIPS 1: ON LOCK ERROR    6 FROM ZSSSLK
> AIPS 1: YTVOPN: TV LOCK OPEN ERROR      6
> AIPS 1: TV OPEN ERROR      6
>> tvini
> AIPS 1: ZSSSL2: mac-pro-de-salvador: UNKNOWN HOST
> AIPS 1: ZSSSLK: ERROR   2 ON LOCK
> AIPS 1: ON LOCK ERROR    6 FROM ZSSSLK
> AIPS 1: YTVOPN: TV LOCK OPEN ERROR      6
> AIPS 1: TV OPEN ERROR      6

This is good news - we now have the shared memory licked and have moved
on to the next issu.  It appears that your machine does not recognize
itself an an entity on the internet.  It would also appear that you did
not say yes when the install proc asked if you were on a laptop.  A yes
answer would probably have solved the first issue.  Changing to a yes
answer would involve renaming disk areas and editing several files - the
alternative is to start aips saying

  aips tv=local

(actually there is more grammar with local - say help aips for further
details or see Chapter 2 of the CookBook).  This should avoid the
internet lookup issues by using a Unix socket rather than an Inet one.