[daip] New Staff Reply - [!LES-740757]: data reduction at nrao

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Jul 11 10:26:49 EDT 2013

New Staff Reply: data reduction at nrao

We are planning some scheme for remote use of nrao computing facilities.  That plan is not yet implemented.

I am curious about your claim that "We have already downloaded the data onto a disk at nrao."  It would seem to me that you would require the ability to log in to an nrao computer to do that.  I will return this ticket to people more in a position to deal with it.  Should you be assigned an nrao account and computer, you will find that aips is available on all non-cluster computers simple by typing the word aips.  I would recommend aips tv=local which will work if you have a proper ssh connection.

Eric Greisen

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: LES-740757
Department: AIPS Data Processing