[daip] Fwd: A QUERRY

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Jan 31 11:36:42 EST 2013

Naveen Yadav wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> I am analysing an EVLA data set with a 2GHz Bandwidth at 32 GHz. I
> notice that after the after the
> BPASS I get an amplitude amplitude jump in the RR and LL pols. I expect
> that the bandpass shape
> to be continuous across the full range. Can you please tell me why am I
> getting this error?

I showed your plots to one of our experts and he has proposed the
answer.  If, in POSSM, you set aparm(7)=1 to plot frequencies rather
than channels, he predicts that the right hand half is the AC portion at
lower frequencies than the left half (BD).  Thus the right-hand side is
supposed to be at somewhat large flux.