[daip] Problem between record length and block size, with READISK

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Jan 28 11:42:56 EST 2013

Belles Pierre-Emmanuel wrote:

>    Hello,
>
>      Thank you Eric for your reply. I don't remember any particular
> error message when I used the WRTDISK procedure to export all my files.
> At that time, I was exporting a lot of files, so I might have missed
> something in the long report I had obtained. But, for sure, the task
> ended successfully each time and created an output file.

Take a look at the disk area where you have the FITS files - do an
ls -l
and see if the file sizes look okay or too small and also check if they
are n*2880 bytes in size.

Since the failure occurs in subroutine UVFDAT, FITLD has not even read
in all the UV data and it would still have table data to read after the
visibility data.  I suspect that a lot is missing...

Did you copy these files from one machine to another with ftp?  Some old
ftp's assume text files and add a line-feed byte whenever they see a
carriage-return byte!  But that makes files be too long and to have odd
boundary issues, so I suspect that is not the problem here.