[daip] Flagging problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sun Jan 27 17:38:57 EST 2013

Marina Alexandrovna Kounkel wrote:
> I've noticed that flagging sources together that were not taken consecutively, such as a phase calibrators, for example, if a region set to begin in one source and end in another was flagged, then flagging would occur in all the sources in the between, even the ones that are not displayed. It could lead to unfortunate results that all the data for the sources could be deleted without knowing that it was done, so it appears to be a bug.
>
> Marina

No it is deliberate - if you flag two calibration scans then the target
data in between is likely to require flagging also.  You may control
this flagging in TVFLG, SPFLG, EDITA, EDITR, etc (you do not identify
the task) with the parameter that differentiates one source and all
source usually displayed in the status line and able to be toggled from
the menu.

I agree that it is one of tose places where users can shoot themselves
in the foot, but there are many such places.