[daip] Flagging

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Jan 3 17:47:50 EST 2013

Marina Alexandrovna Kounkel wrote:
> Hello!
>
> For whatever inexplicable reason, I have encountered a problem with tvflg. When I work directly on the server after I change the size of aipstv and call any flagging command, it gives me the following error: TVFLAG: UNABLE TO READ IMAGE HEADER, ERROR   1, after which it dies. The data is still displayed properly, I can zoom in and change the scaling, only it does't allow me to do anything useful.
> This is a recent situation, as two weeks ago everything was working out fine. And, curiously enough, this problem arises only when I am on the workstation where aips is installed - I am able to do everything properly when working remotely.

This bug is new in 31DEC13 where I added the DOCENTER option to allow
the grey-scale image to be offset to the right as much as possible to
avoid overlap with the menu.  Unfortunately I tested it with EVLA data
and so the grey-scale image was large enough to reach the middle of the
screen and so did not trigger the bug.  I have corrected it and then
tested with VLBA data which has a much thinner grey scale.

A MNJ run after 10 pm MST tonight (i.e. tomorrow) chould fix TVFLG and
SPFLG.

Thanks for reporting it