[daip] IMFIT/ JMFIT bug?

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Feb 27 10:19:08 EST 2013

Franz Kirsten wrote:
> Hi Eric
>
> I am really sorry to keep bothering you with my questions! Could it be
> that there is a little bug in IMFIT/ JMFIT of 31DEC31 of AIPS? When I
> run either I get
>
> SYMBOL?       FSHIFT
>
> My source positions are fit properly and I get an output but running
> IMFIT/JMFIT in a loop is impossible because it's interrupted at the error.

No problem - ask when there is an issue.

When the system tells you that it does not recognize a symbol, one thing
always to try is the command COMPRESS.  That will update your current
vocabulary to the most recent version without losing any adverb values.
In this case, FSHIFT is a new adverb which is an OUTPUT from IMFIT and
JMFIT and MAXFIT.

The verb OUTPUTS on a task or verb sometimes shows you things and of
course the help file has been updated with these things too.