[daip] CALIB broken?

Andrew Biggs abiggs at eso.org
Fri Feb 22 03:57:14 EST 2013

Hi Eric. CALIB is giving me some very strange results in 31DEC13, for the
phases only - the amplitudes look okay. I tried running 31DEC12 and that
does not have the problem. The symptom is that the phases vary much more
than they should do, the variability increasing the further away the
antenna is from the reference antenna.

I enclose a screenshot of the SNPLT output. This shows 3C147 at the
beginning (which seems unaffected) followed by multiple scans on the phase
cal which shows a systematic variation on the longer baselines. A simple
look in VPLOT confirms that these phase variations are bogus and, as I
say, 31DEC12 gives completely different answers with the same inputs.

Cheers,

Andy