[daip] SPLIT, SPLAT outname for single source

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 19 10:54:03 EST 2013

Franz Kirsten wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> I've been using AIPS for quite some time now and am slowly moving
> towards using ParselTongue. Now, in SPLIT it is impossible to specifiy
> an outname when splitting out a source which is fine. When I instead use
> SPLAT and want to have a single source output file with aparm(7)=1 it
> also ignores the specified outname parameter. While using ParselTongue
> this is quite a pain. Are there any plans to change this behaviour of SPLAT?

In 31DEC13 I have changed SPLAT to honor OUTNAME if it is not blank.  On
the second source, OUTSEQ is forced to zero to guarantee that we do not
fail for duplicate names.  Note - this means OUTSEQ is used for the
first source, allowing you still some measure of that parameter.

If OUTNAME is blank, then the source name is used as before in split mode.

I think I will not add OUTNAME to SPLIT, leaving it as always.  SPLAT is
ab adequate substitute.

A MNJ tomorrow will pick up this change.