[daip] FITLD dies trying to read eMERLIN UVFITS

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Feb 18 10:37:39 EST 2013

Eskil Varenius wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for the DIGICOR information. Unfortunately FITLD in my AIPS
> 31DEC12 still fails with the same error also after a MNJ. So, I
> thought perhaps you only did this correction for the new 31DEC13. So,
> I upgraded my AIPS-installation and tried using FITLD with 31DEC13
> (installed 30 minutes ago). I did an extra MNJ run just to be sure.
> Perhaps I'm missing something here, but I still get the same error:
> FITLD1: SOINI: 'RAOBS' COLUMN NOT FOUND
> FITLD1: SOINI: 'DECOBS' COLUMN NOT FOUND
> FITLD1: CQADD: NOT ENOUGH INFORMATION TO CREATE CQ TABLE
> FITLD1: BT2AIP: ERROR   2 GENERATING CQ TABLE
> FITLD1: ERROR      2 RETURNED FROM BT2AIP
> FITLD1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
>
> Any ideas on how to proceed?

Yes - I forgot that the DIGICOR correction was made a patch to 31DEC12.
  I have made the CQ table forgiveness also a patch to 31DEC12.  A MNJ
now on 31DEC12 will correct the problem (partly - it would be good if the
eMerlin data had enough info to make a CQ table).  The CQ table is used
to correct amplitudes when there is a delay error.  I still do not know
if you want DIGICOR true or false with eMerlin data.