[daip] FITLD dies trying to read eMERLIN UVFITS

Eskil Varenius varenius at chalmers.se
Fri Feb 15 04:59:07 EST 2013

Dear AIPS support,
I'm trying to load eMERLIN UVFITS files into AIPS. This worked fine in
december, and also in January I think. Now I want to re-FITLD the same
files but it seems that AIPS have changed. When I run FITLD with the
default I end with the error:
FITLD3: SOINI: 'RAOBS' COLUMN NOT FOUND
FITLD3: SOINI: 'DECOBS' COLUMN NOT FOUND
FITLD3: CQADD: NOT ENOUGH INFORMATION TO CREATE CQ TABLE
FITLD3: BT2AIP: ERROR   2 GENERATING CQ TABLE
FITLD3: BT2AIP: ERROR   2 GENERATING CQ TABLE
FITLD3: ERROR      2 RETURNED FROM BT2AIP
FITLD3: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
FITLD3: ebur 31DEC12 TST: Cpu=     38.2  Real=    143  IO=      6202

Reading the HELP file for FITLD says that the DIGICOR behaviour was
changed 5th of february 2013. Indeed, this is a difference from when I
successfully loaded these files in january. But, whatever DIGICOR
option I choose I cannot manage to avoid the error above. It seems it
has to do with something else. I have tried looking for help on the
BT2AIP and CQADD functions, but there is nothing on the web or in
AIPS. I guess this is a low-level error. I have tried on a few
different files and I get the same behaviour. I have also tried using
a timerange to load just a few scans, and I still get the same error.
I have the midnight job enabled and ran it just now to double check if
it would fix my problem, but it seems not. Unfortunately I'm stuck
here at the moment and I'm grateful for any ideas on this matter.

Best regards,
Eskil Varenius
PhD student
Onsala Space Observatory