[daip] New Ticket - [!GKB-288844]: Midnight job claims to fail.

R. Craig Walker do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Mon Feb 11 22:50:29 EST 2013

New Ticket: Midnight job claims to fail.

I finally am getting a chance to do some data reduction, but first need to install 31DEC13.  Before doing that, I wanted to do a midnight job on 31DEC12.  I ran the do_daily job and it seemed to behave normally.  But all of the help files got "moved away" because "it is in the way".  They showed up with a C in front in the log file, which suggests I had modified versions or some such.  The job ended with a statement that it had an abnormal completion and that UPDCVS failed.  The err file did not give any more than that.   I was left rather uncertain about what had happened.

 I then moved all the HLP files to a subdirectory with a name AIPS won't recognize and tried again.   Same thing, except no messages about moving the files away.  The HLP files reappeared in $HLPFIL, but the job again ended with:
UPDCVS - cvs update of 31DEC12 had abnormal completion
AIPSUPD - UPDCVS failed, Status=1

So I'm not sure where I stand.  It may be that the update is ok or ....

I'm now going to try to install 31DEC13 and hope for the best.

I am doing this on a Mac Pro running OSX 10.7.5 (Lion) that was upgraded from 10.5 via 10.6.  I have run do_daily once since the upgrade.  Looking at the log file from that, it also showed an abnormal completion, although was otherwise ok as far as I know (I haven't really been using it).  In fact the even earlier .LOG files all show the abnormal completion.  Before Jan 22, 2012, the files are .DOC files and don't show an issue.

Any clue what is happening.

Cheers,

Craig

Ticket Details