[daip] CLCAL and flagged SN table solutions

Matt Lister mlister at purdue.edu
Thu Dec 5 11:02:09 EST 2013

Hi Eric et al., I have a quick question about CLCAL for you,
I would like CLCAL to smooth and apply a SN table for which some of the entries
have been flagged previously with
SNEDT. (These entries thus have weight = -1).  When I run CLCAL with the inputs
below, it completely
ignores the flags, and uses all of the SN table entries. Is there any parameter
that controls this behavior?
Perhaps I'm missing something.  I've tried doblank = -1, 0, 1, and all give the
same result.

Thanks,
Matt

 >inp
AIPS 1: CLCAL     Task to manage SN and CL calibration tables
AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: INNAME     'BL178BI'               Input UV file name (name)
AIPS 1: INCLASS    'UVDATA'                Input UV file name (class)
AIPS 1: INSEQ         1                    Input UV file name (seq. #)
AIPS 1: INDISK        1                    Input UV file disk unit #
AIPS 1: SOURCES    *all ' '                Source list to calibrate
AIPS 1: SOUCODE    ' '                     Source "Cal codes"
AIPS 1: CALSOUR    *all ' '                Cal sources for calibration
AIPS 1: QUAL         -1                    Source qualifier -1=>all
AIPS 1: CALCODE    ' '                     Calibrator code ' '=>all
AIPS 1: TIMERANG   *all 0                  Time range to calibrate
AIPS 1: SUBARRAY      0                    Subarray, 0=>all,
AIPS 1: ANTENNAS   *all 0                  Antennas selected, 0=> all
AIPS 1: SELBAND      -1                    Bandwidth to select (kHz)
AIPS 1: SELFREQ      -1                    Frequency to select (MHz)
AIPS 1: FREQID        0                    Freq. ID to select.
AIPS 1: OPCODE     'CALI'                  Operation 'MERG','CALI',
AIPS 1:                                    'CALP'; ' ' => 'CALI'
AIPS 1: INTERPOL   'SELF'                  Interpolation function,
AIPS 1:                                    choices are: '2PT','SIMP',
AIPS 1: 'AMBG','CUBE','SELF','POLY',
AIPS 1:                                    'SELN'; see HELP for details
AIPS 1: CUTOFF        0                    Interpolation limit in
AIPS 1:                                    time (min); 0=> no limit.
AIPS 1: SAMPTYPE   'MWF'                   Smoothing function
AIPS 1: BPARM      *all 0                  Smoothing parameters
AIPS 1: ICUT          0.1                  Cutoff for functional forms
AIPS 1: DOBLANK       -1                    Blanked value interpolation
AIPS 1: DOBTWEEN      1                    > 0 -> smooth all sources
AIPS 1:                                    together; else separate them
AIPS 1: SMOTYPE    ' '                     Data to smooth
AIPS 1: SNVER         3                    Input SN table, 0=>all.
AIPS 1: INVERS        3                    Upper SN table vers in a
AIPS 1:                                    range.  0=>SNVER
AIPS 1: GAINVER       2                    Input Cal table 0=>high
AIPS 1: GAINUSE       3                    Output CAL table 0=>high+1
AIPS 1: REFANT        9                    Reference antenna 0=>pick.
AIPS 1: BADDISK    *all 0                  Disks to avoid for scratch