[daip] New Client Reply - [!EAS-221851]: DBCON - VLA & EVLA data - multi-epoch

Laura Zschaechner do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri Aug 9 18:01:36 EDT 2013

New Client Reply: DBCON - VLA & EVLA data - multi-epoch

Thanks for getting back to me!
    When I used UVFIX on the VLA data, it claimed to have changed from J1950 to J2000, but the coordinates themselves were still the J1950 coordinates when I examined them in LISTR.  (I also ran DBCON again, but unsurprisingly, the two sets still produce separate sources.)
    I will go ahead and attach the outputs you requested.  If a solution cannot be found for this problem, I am certainly not opposed to re-calibrating the VLA data in AIPS instead of CASA.  However, when I initially tried to do that, I got the error:  "TAPIO:  INPUT BYTES, LENGTH TYPE = 4008 1 SHOULD BE 2880, 0" indicating that something is amiss with the FITS formatting when I retrieve the data from the archive.  Do you know of any way to fix this?
Cheers and thanks!
-Laura

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: EAS-221851