[daip] SPLIT problem

Andreas Brunthaler brunthal at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de
Thu Aug 8 04:59:28 EDT 2013

Dear Eric,

we found a problem with SPLIT in AIPS. The dataset is a VLBA calibrator
search, i.e. short scans on ~40 sources of which only a few are
detected. We use our script that we have used a few years ago for our
calibrator search for the BeSSeL survey. The calibration still works as
before, but we noticed something odd when we split the data. We use

sources = ''

in SPLIT, to get single source data for all our detected sources (the
non-detections don't get a single source file, because there is no valid
data). This worked fine in the past. However, if we run SPLIT on the
calibrated dataset now, it stops for some reason after 7 sources (3
detections and 4 non-detections). If I run split on the uncalibrated
(and unflagged) raw data, SPLIT works as before and I get single source
files for each source. Is there a feature now that SPLIT stops after 4
sources with no data?

The calibrated data set can be found here:

ftp://ftp.mpifr-bonn.mpg.de/outgoing/brunthal/bm387z.uvfits

Andreas

--

  Andreas Brunthaler
  Max-Planck-Institut fuer Radioastronomie

  Auf dem Huegel 69            Tel.   :  +49 228 525 377
  53121 Bonn                   Fax    :  +49 228 525 229
  Germany                      e-mail :  brunthal at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de