[daip] New Ticket - [!EAS-221851]: DBCON - VLA & EVLA data - multi-epoch

Laura Zschaechner do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Aug 8 17:19:44 EDT 2013

New Ticket: DBCON - VLA & EVLA data - multi-epoch

Hello.
   My operating system is Fedora 11.  I am running the December 2009 release of AIPS (with the midnight job), and CASA version 3.3.0.
   I am attempting to combine EVLA (J2000) and archival VLA (J1950) data and am having some trouble.  Both sets were calibrated in CASA and then read into AIPS so they could be combined (using AIPS for weighting purposes).   I run EPOSWTCH on the VLA data to change coordinate systems, but then when I examine the new coordinates in LISTR, they are still J1950 although it claims to be J2000 in the header.  I can then change these to the proper coordinates by manually altering them in the SU table.  I am somewhat concerned that this is not happening automatically through EPOSWTCH.
    However, the main issue that I am having is that when I combine the sets using DBCON, it still creates 2 sources instead of combining them.  The frequencies and bandwidths are the same, as are the pointing centers (at least in any way I can think to compare them).  Can you think of any issues that may be causing this?
Cheers and thanks!
-Laura

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: EAS-221851